Friday, March 2, 2012

Modern Mini Challenge!

 

Today, I was reading through the blogs I subscribe to and came across Ellison Lane Quilts post regarding a Modern Mini Challenge! AND, I've decided to enter the challenge! How exciting for me! This is such a big leap! My mini quilt is 12x35 and was made primarily out of Moda's Cotton Blossoms charm pack. I had so much fun making it, I made two for myself (GASP!) Please see pictures below!




As you can see I even quilted it with a straight stitch! I am so proud of myself and this creation! Each block has 11 charms in it. As I was making it, I was rather awed by how beautiful it was turning out to be. I kept picture texting my cousin to show her! Anyways, I would totally love to win! After the first one, I just had to make two! Each took me a couple hours. Even so, they were so much fun to make! I also made another version for my cousin, Sonja. See below...




Thanks for looking and wish me luck!

4 comments:

Heidi Staples said...

This is so pretty. I love the fabrics you chose!

Annabella said...

So pretty - love the fabrics you choose. It feels very Americana to me!

Emily said...

Looks lovely on your table.

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

So glad you entered the challenge! Both look great. I am so glad you enjoyed the process and I wish you good luck!