Thursday, September 8, 2011

Please forgive me...


     I know it has been forever since I've actually posted anything, can you ever forgive me? If so, I have lots to share!
     Since, my last posting, I've had a birthday and there was Labor Day! Between the two of these days, it's been rather difficult to post on my blog and read all the blogs I subscribe too. I'm NEARLY caught up :P
     First, I need to show you what I won back in August from The Green Bag Lady.  I won this awesome biodegradable shopping bag!!! Plus, and $20 gift certificate to Sew, Mama, Sew! Now, that I have my own personal shopping bag, which I take everywhere with me. I am currently in the processes of making one for my daughter as well as one to donate back to Teresa's mission!


     Next, I've been working on some more pouches. Remember this pattern I told you about? Well, here are couple more. The colors my daughter chose because I was making them for her roommate's birthdays. They really turned out very nice, I think! These are the ones with the side pockets in the pattern.

 
     So, remember when I was working on this quilt for the soon to be here baby? And, I also showed you some of the projects I had completed? Like the bib below? Well, they have been delivered to their new owner! Cullen Jamezon-Enoch Roberson 9 pounds, 5 ounces. 20.5 inches. 7:29pm, 8/31/2011.I have a few other projects that I cannot show you yet because they are not completed. AND, I do not want her to see them until I deliver them.

        I received a surprise in the mail for my birthday from my cousin, Sonja! Isn't she the cutest little thing you've ever seen! (Psst! I named her Sonja, after her creator!) She sits next to me in my sewing room/computer room smiling everyday at me. 
     AND, lastly, I made these little pencil pouches. Gwenn Penny designed the tutorial. She did a really fabulous job. Even me, being a newbie to crafts found it VERY easy to follow. There is still one thing I am stumped on and it is how to sew like she did over the zipper. My starting point once I crossed the zipper was further back than hers. Even so, they turned out wonderful and are going to be excellent gifts for Sonja, who made the adorable penguin up above, and two little girls of a friend of mine! Thanks, Gwenn Penny for the awesome tutorial!
Well, I hope this post made up for two weeks of not posting anything. And, as always, thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Wow!! You've been busy!! Everything looks great and I love the pencil cases! Great job girl!

Kate said...

You have been busy! Love your new sewing room buddy.