Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What I have been up to...

It's been a busy weekend around here, as it always is. I've been diligently looking for a position in the social work field, but as yet no calls. My daughter leaves a week from Thursday to go to college and we have been getting items for her to move. My son is also starting college and we've been trying to get everything squared away for him as well. My mother called me Sunday night to tell me one of her cats had an infection (24 hrs after she found it!) and I drove over to check it out. Thankfully, we got the sore all cleaned up and  bandaged; now, we just need to wait for the antibiotics and the healing process. Additionally, yesterday my daughter received a call her Uncle has died from lung cancer. (Crazy last few days, huh?!)

I have been doing some sewing.I get so frustrated with myself when it doesn't look perfect or just right... Sewing is a learning process, I understand! It's also an emotional learning process as well. You must accept yourself for who you are even the imperfections. Even so,  I've been working on this darn thing for over a month! I have mostly hand stitched it. It is a little quilt I made for my foster sister, Lacey, who is having another baby come September.


 I bought the little frame from Joann fabrics because I thought it would be helpful putting the layers together and it has been. I'm using embroidery floss to stitch it together. Even with the frustrations, it's turning out pretty good!

Thanks for visiting! I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Apparently, the pictures did not turn out as well as I hoped. They are a bit dark and do not show all the hand stitching I have done. I guess I need to figure out a better place to take pictures.