Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What I did Wednesday!


I found this awesome tutorial from The Mother Huddle blog. The tutorial was not intended for a newbie sewer, but I made due. My pillowcase is not as beautiful as hers, but it seemed to turn out well. It was my first and I learned to use the basting stitch on my machine. It was very uncooperative until I held the bobbin thread and main thread and pulled them out  a few inches. I didn't gather mine as much as hers (not intentionally) because I thought as I was pinning it would have more poof than it does. Anyway, now that I've done this one maybe the next ones won't be so hard! As a matter of fact, I asked my mother today if she could bring me all my grandmother's old vintage pillowcases and when she does I plan to do this to all of them in memory of my grandmother and her love for crafting.



Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Christina Marie said...

Thank you so, so much for stopping by and showing some love!
I think what you made out of this pillowcase is beautiful, I definetly admire who can sew:)
Congrats on entering the bloggsing world recently, i am now a follower and can't wait to see what else you create <3

Jenae said...

Tina, Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. It is fun to look at yours and see what you are up too!There is nothing like blog land!!!!