Friday, August 12, 2011

Thoughts

Over the last 24 hours I have lots of time to think. I'm not sure what my intent is designing this blog, but I have found it serious fun. :) As well as a wonderful learning experience in multiple realms. I have recently added a label/link for wish list. This is mostly for me, but you are welcome to take a peek. These are mostly things I have come across that I adore and/or would like to try to make myself. Often, I have found though some of the things I come across much too advanced for me so as I get better at understanding the various lingo associated with sewing/quilting/crafting, I will  be able to refer back to my Wish List.

The next section I am sharing with you because Mama Pea completely inspires me. Her work along with her design team is absolutely wonderful!

So, today, I was catching up on my enormous list of blogs from people who inspire me and Mama Pea over at Peas in a Pod posted this awesome "lamp" called a Glamp designed by Amanda over at The Quilted Fish (I cannot access her blog for whatever reason, but wanted to give kudos to the creator). I SO WANT TO MAKE A GLAMP!! However, due to my newbie-ness I believe it's necessary to start with the entire kit, which must go on the wish list until my current financial situation becomes a little more stable.


There is a competition going on that is associated with the glamp. Several other Quilted Fish Design Team members made Glamps and will be posting them . They are all really unique and very cool!  Below are some of the entries. To vote, click here!

Sally at Sally's Angelworks
Brooke at Silly Mamma Quilts
Julie at The Intrepid Thread
Candice at Squirmy Worm Studios
Jackie at Jackie's Art Quilts

(I won't tell you which one I voted for!)

After you have voted,  Got to Mama Peas blog and leave her a comment letting her know you voted.
Also, you can get two more entries for leaving her two additional comments.
  1. Tell her what you'd like to see as a design for her next tutorial with Amanda's newest fabric, which is Delighted from Riley Blake.  To see the pictures of Delighted, click here!
  2. Additionally, Amanda is starting a new thing on her blog called Team Talk.  The Design Team members will answer some questions...serious and fun.  What question would you like to see answered by Design Team members?
Mama Pea and Amanda are both giving away fabulous and generous gifts to the winners! So, go check it out.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: